The course guides you through the ArchiMate modeling language – standard for Enterprise architecture – explaining usage of all elements, relationships and other concepts using real examples from multiple industries.
You will learn how to consistently describe the motivation for change, requirements, business, data, application and technology architectures as well the migration planning and various states of architecture.
In addition to the content defined by the owner of the standard, the course also includes many examples from the practice of our consultants and trainers. We will show you in detail how to correctly capture business processes, applications, their services and functions, work with information and data, and how to describe the infrastructure. You will also practise ArchiMate using our simple scenarios.
The course is a perfect preparation for the ArchiMate Foundation certification exam, which you can take at the end of the course or any time later.At the end of the course you are prepared enough to pass the certification according to the conditions and rules of The Open Group. The certification proves the knowledge of the standard and the ability to use it in practice. The certification may be required for public sector selection processes in several countries. It is also often required as part of the qualification criteria for architect related jobs. The certification exam is delivered as a computer test with 40 questions. During the course sample questions are practiced with a 40 questions sample test at the end of the course which is immediately evaluated by the instructor and unclear areas are explained in deep. The exam cost is 360 USD and is not included in course price.
In addition to the standardized content defined by The Open Group consortium, we have added a number of practical topics to our course that show how to use ArchiMate in real practice.
- Capturing the motivation for change, including stakeholders and their interests
- Describing the link between motivation and the proposed solution with the components used
- Recommendations for the description of the business environment in the form of processes, functions and services, explaining linkage to BPMN
- Description of the proposed application solutions in the appropriate detail and structure suitable for selection process
- Design and description of architecture from business to technological step by step with a clear definition of the responsibilities of individual domain architects
- Description of integration components such as ESB, API gateway and issued services
- Description of virtualized infrastructure and cloud solutions
- Practical recommendations for creating diagrams
2 days (8h/day)
The content of the course is defined by The Open Group. In addition to the mandatory content, our course is enriched with a number of specific examples from the practice of our trainers.
- Introduction Enterprise architecture – short introduction Basic ArchiMate concepts and principles Architecture layers Overview of other elements Relationship between TOGAF and ArchiMate Changes in ArchiMate 3.1
- Concepts, relationships, notation ArchiMate metamodel Detail description of ArchiMate concepts Relationships between concepts, their notation Business layer Business layer metamodel Active elements (actor, role, collaboration etc.) Behavioural concepts (process, function, event etc.) Passive elements (product, contract, value etc.)
- Application layer Application layer metamodel Active elements (application component, interface etc.) Behavioural concepts (service, function, interaction etc.) Passive element (data object)
- Technology layer Technology layer metamodel Active elements (device, node, network etc.) Behavioural concepts (service, function etc.) Passive element (artifact)
- Relationships Structural relationships (composition, assignment, realization etc.) Dependency relationships (Serving, access, influence) Dynamic relationships (triggering, flow) Other relationships (grouping, junction etc.)
- Composite elements Location, Grouping
- Strategy elements Capability, resource and course of action
- Motivation elements Stakeholder, Driver, Assessment Goal, Requirement, Constraint, Principle Value, Meaning
- Implementation and migration elements Work package, deliverable, implementation event Plateau, Gap
- Architecture viewpoints Basic viewpoints (organization, business process, application usage, infrastructure etc.)
- ArchiMate tools and information sources Overview and selection of a tool ArchiMate information sources
- ArchiMate examples
- Summary Sample test questions Certification (optional)
-This course is conducted and delivered by Goodea who holds a TOGAF®, ArchiMate® ands Open Agile Architecture™ Commercial Licenses issued by The Open Group. The Service Provider acts as a service provider to Goodea and is not required to be licensed by The Open Group.
Thank you for your interest.
We will do our best to answer and arrange a term.
Thank you for your interest.
We will answer your request or comment as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest.
We will do our best to answer and arrange a term.
ALEF operates with training rooms match submarine's style to unexpected, unusual while still being smart and available to work in. We have several type of rooms for small groups and up to larger rooms with modern technical equipment and supportive technologies we provide.
We also deliver the high-quality multimedia sharing for efficient, effective virtual communication on a global scale. In the Competence Center is also available Spark Board. Cisco Sparkboard integrates the most common tools needed for team collaboration in physical meeting rooms into a single elegant device. It also combines white board, video or audio conference features.
All ALEF training centres operates with testing centre that provides full acess to take an exam and get certificate provided by our vendors. ALEF provides to our customer complete management and administration.
Team of lecturers
Our team - consisting of more than 50 instructors - offers a full range of technological knowledge in the field of routing, switching, security, collaboration and data centers. The expertise of instructors is evidenced by a range of top-level international certifications.
The uniqueness of our lecturers lies mainly in their extensive experience in connection with each project, allowing them to respond very flexibly to any question or suggestion from students, and to pass on their practical knowledge to the participants of these courses. Thanks to the synergy of the company’s reliable operation and many years of experience, we have been very flexible in responding to the changes prepared in the Cisco field, so we can guarantee you a wide range of certified courses that enable you and your colleagues to acquire the necessary know-how for future certification tests.
Senior Solution Architect - Cloud
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, AWS Certified Security – Specialty, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate, AWS Authorized Instructor Champion Cisco CCIE R&S #20198, CCNP Ent, CCNP SP
Karel is a Senior Solution Architect for Cloud at Alef. He has long been involved in infrastructure and its virtualization in large networks and data centres of service providers. In recent years, he has been involved in the design and implementation of hybrid Cloud solutions.
He is an avid user and promoter of new technologies, which he capitalizes on as a Cloud Ambassador for the Expert Centre's Infrastructure Team. At the Alef Group, he is the lead trainer for AWS training, where he’s the AWS Authorised Instructor Champion.
Team lead CSIRT - incident response and offensive security
Multiple certifications & M.Sc. in Cyber security, Multiple certifications & B.Sc. in Education and teaching, Author of numerous security courses
Jan Kopřiva is the team lead of an incident response and offensive security team at ALEF Group and an Incident Handler with the renowned SANS Internet Storm Center. Jan started his career as a blue teamer, but slowly moved into offensive security as well. His current professional interests lie mainly in the areas of security, which traditionally fall within the purview of purple teams. He has authored multiple security courses as well as numerous research papers and articles focused on different aspects of cyber security and he regularly speaks at security conferences and other industry events.
CCSI# 35715, CCNP Enterprise, SD-WAN Specialist, Devnet Associate
Peter works at ALEF Zero as a systems engineer in the SPRS team. His job is mainly to design and implement network solutions from Cisco's Enterprise class portfolio, based on various Catalyst (9K, 8K) and ISR network elements. He specializes primarily in Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) technology, in which Peter is a certified SD-WAN Implementation Specialist. He also participated in the first implementation of SD-WAN technology at ALEF. Peter also works as a certified Cisco instructor with many years of experience.
Team Leader, DC-NET
Double CCIE DC|R&S #55858, CCNP DevNet, CCSI #35493, AWS Solution Architect and Developer Associate
Honza is a Datacenter Networking Teamleader at Alef. Together with his team, he specializes in a variety of networking solutions, primarily built on the Cisco Nexus switch platform - traditional vPC architecture, VXLAN BGP EVPN factories, and Cisco ACI. He also focuses on analytical tools, programmability and the automation of all these solutions, as well as their integration with the public cloud. In 2020, he became the Alef Group's first holder of the new CCNP DevNet certification, and also received the DevNet500 award for being among the top 500 DevNet certified engineers worldwide. In 2021 he became the only Double CCIE holder in the ALEF group, and the first in the world to pass any new version of the CCIE exam following changes to Cisco's certification program in February 2020. Honza has logged more than 1,000 hours in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania.
CCDA, CCNP Collaboration, AWS, ITIL, TOGAF, ArchiMate, IPMA
Jirka works at Alef as an Enterprise/Solution Architect, and is responsible for the comprehensive development of ICT solutions for key customers. He has over 10 years’ experience in technical, consulting and management practice. He has been involved in the design, implementation and management of a number of infrastructure, security, communications and digital transformation projects.
His specialties include the interconnection of the business and ICT worlds through Enterprise and Solution Architecture. This involves extensive communication with people in different roles across roles and organisational structures, the analysis of complex ICT environments, the preparation of projects including advocacy for their benefits, budgets, and interdependencies, and overall strategic ICT development planning. You will see him regularly speaking at conferences and workshops.
Senior Security Architect
CCNP Enterprise, CCNP Security, CCNA CyberOps, C|EH, CCSI #35271
Filip works at Alef as a Security Architect and is responsible for consulting, designing solutions, and leading security-technology focused projects. He gained his technical experience as a system engineer, first in Routing & Switching and then mainly in security. Filip is also a certified Cisco instructor, so you could meet him in your educational activities at our training centre. His passion for self-education and spreading technical awareness is also demonstrated by his having been a lecturer at Cisco Academy for over 10 years.
OUR KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR FUTURE